Job Opening – Artistic Director (03/2010)
For the starting date of January 1st, 2011, Kuenstlerhaus Stuttgart is seeking for a new Artistic Director.
Since its founding in 1978, Kuenstlerhaus Stuttgart has developed into a contemporary art institution of regional and international significance which is mainly financed through the city of Stuttgart. In addition to its exhibition and event program, Kuenstlerhaus hosts technical workshops and a studio program.
The Artistic Director accounts for:
- the development and implementation of an innovative programming concept
- the overall scheduling and execution of exhibitions and events
- the project funding including the acquisition of third-party funds
- concepts for educational and mediative programs
- the documentation of exhibitions and events as well as planning and realizing publications
- press and PR work
- knowledge of contemporary art and current international art discourses
- experience in programming, organizing and implementing art exhibitions and events
- distinct communicative and organizational competence
- proactive as well as team-minded and responsible personality
The duration of vacancy is limited to 2 years with the option of extending the contract for another 2 years. Allowance is paid on a fee basis.
Please send your application documents together with a programming concept to the following address by April 23rd, 2010 at the latest:
Dr. Hannelore Paflik-Huber
Reuchlinstrasse 4b, 70178 Stuttgart