Job Opening – Assistant (04/2010)
Assistant to the Chief Curator, Painting and Sculpture
The Museum of Modern Art
New York, New York
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for an Assistant to the Chief Curator of Painting and Sculpture.
The Assistant will support the Chief Curator as follows:
• Facilitates Chief Curator’s email and written correspondence, especially that which relates to the Collection, Acquisitions and Exhibition production
• Answers Chief’s telephone calls and covers for others as needed
• Drafts answers for routine correspondence and inquiries
• Performs general administrative duties which includes organization and maintenance of all Chief Curator files
• Opens and routes incoming mail, faxes and email
• Serves as front person and liaison for all of Chief Curator’s contacts, including trustees, artists, scholars, dealers and art world professionals
• Makes all travel and logistical arrangements for Chief Curator
• Prepares travel and entertainment expense reports in accordance with MoMA policies
• Maintains general organization of Chief Curator’s office
• Completes project and administrative assignments as directed by Chief Curator
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years’ experience in administrative positions or equivalent. Superior judgment, professional initiative and strong verbal communication capabilities. Good PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Art history and research background is desirable but not essential.
Please submit resume and cover letter, which must include salary requirements directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or to The Museum of Modern Art, Department of Human Resources, 11 West 53rd Street, New York, NY 10019. If submitting by email, please reference the position title in the subject line.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.