Job Opening – Coordinator (08/2011)
Family Activity Kiosk Weekend Coordinator
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
New York, New York
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes this mission through exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and partnerships. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions in the world.
The Family Activity Kiosk Weekend Coordinator oversees volunteers working at the Family Activity Kiosk on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Provide a welcoming, friendly, attentive, knowledgeable guidance to small groups of adults and children who visit the Guggenheim.
- Supervise, train and guide several teen and adult volunteers who assist with the kiosk.
- Inform families of their options for visiting the museum through an intergenerational approach including: Family Activity Packs, Family Activity Guides and “Just Drop In.”
- Provide initial information about Family Membership packages.
- Collect contact information for follow up evaluations on the museum experience.
- General maintenance and upkeep on the kiosk.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Background in Education, Art History, Art or related field, working with children and families in a museum setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences, especially groups including children.
- Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills.
- A belief in the mission of creating an accessible museum experience for the widest range of audiences.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus.
Coordinators will be expected to work Saturdays and Sundays 9:30am until 5:45. The pay is $10/ hour.
The Guggenheim ID offers staff access to a variety of cultural institutions, and discounts to museum stores.
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate the job title “Family Activity Kiosk Weekend Coordinator” in the subject line. Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.