Job Opening – Manager (08/2011)
The Public Art Fund
New York, New York
The Public Art Fund seeks a Communications and Digital Media Manager to assist the Communications Director with all marketing and public relations activities and to manage communications across all electronic media (multiple social media platforms, website, smartphones, etc.). The ideal candidate will be a motivated, proactive, and creative thinker, who works well independently and as part of a team. S/he should feel confident managing projects, have strong organizational skills, multitask effectively, and have a strong interesting in emerging media. Responsibilities include:
Articulate e-communications strategy for each project and the institution on the whole; generate ideas for and edit digital content
- Devise and implement media outreach strategy on select projects
- Draft and edit communications materials including press releases, interpretive project-related texts, semi-annual magazine, newsletters, etc.
- Assist with overall production of catalogues and manage all image and copyright issues
- Liaise with designers; manage timelines and production of all marketing materials
- Manage external communications for all announcements (press announcements, newsletters, event-related announcements)
- Coordinate and promote public programs (artist talks, etc.)
- Maintain archive of digital and print materials, as well as clippings
- Maintain press contacts and database
- Oversee Communications Department interns
The Communications and Digital Media Manager is responsible for the development and management of materials, which may include:
Press kit: release, artist biography, additional materials (image checklist, map, etc.); Email blasts; Announcement Card and/or Invitation; Mail and email lists; Onsite signage; Advertisements; Project micro-site; Smartphone apps; Guide by Cell audio tours; Photography and image captions/credits; Digital PDF record of all press clippings (added to PAF bibliography); Social media
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least three years PR or Marketing experience with a cultural organization
- BA in Marketing, Art History, related fields; or equivalent
- An interest in and knowledge of contemporary art and the art world
- A strong grasp of current forms of digital ommunication (social media, apps, etc.) and experience working with them
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, with excellent writing and editing abilities
- Strong media contacts and a record of securing broadcast, radio, print, and online coverage
- Experience with events including press conferences, openings, etc.
- Experience with online content management systems
- Experience working in both PC and Mac environment with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Raiser’s Edge; Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, and InDesign
Salary commensurate with experience, plus full medical and dental benefits and paid vacation. Optional 403(b) pension plan.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume marked “COMM MGR” to email@example.com
Resume reviews begin immediately and position remains open until filled. No phone calls please.