Job Opening – Intern (09/2011)
Hans Hofmann Catalogue Raisonné Project
New York, New York
The catalogue raisonné of paintings by Hans Hofmann is currently being prepared under the auspices of the Renate, Hans and Maria Hofmann Trust. It will be a scholarly publication that will document all of the artist’s paintings and include entries for each work with complete descriptive information and detailed histories of ownership, exhibitions and literature.
The Hans Hofmann Catalogue Raisonné Project is seeking a responsible intern to work two or three days on a regular schedule in our office in SoHo (10AM to 5PM) and in museum libraries. She/he must be detail oriented with excellent research and organization skills and the ability to work independently. The right candidate will be knowledgeable about art and be either a student or recent graduate in the fields of art history, studio art or library science. Internship is unpaid; arrangements can be made with your university to provide school credit.
Some of the projects on which the intern will be working:
– Aiding with cross-referencing archival and bibliographic materials
– Cataloguing a series of archival documents (articles, artist’s letters, exhibition lists) for an in-house Finding Aid
– Assisting with library and archival research
– Working with our database of collectors and paintings (The Museum System)
– Organizing and maintaining our image files
– Assisting with correspondence
– Other projects as needed
Please email cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org