Job Opening – Associate Director (10/2011)
New York, New York
Provide support for Directors and owners of the gallery with duties including but not limited to:
• Preparation of information and images for offers and sales of artworks.
• Manage artworks in inventory to keep track of offers, reserves and sales.
• Prepare exhibition and presentation materials such as layouts and checklists.
• Coordination of production of artworks, liaison with fabricators and artist’s studios
• Liaise with the public at the gallery and at art fairs.
• Event management.
• College degree with focus on art or art history.
• A minimum of 2-3 years experience working for an art gallery required.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, must be quick and precise, as accuracy and attention to detail are extremely important.
• Computer skills with proficiency using the following programs Artsystems, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office.
• Resume, cover letter and one page writing sample required.
Please send all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF form with the subject line “Associate Director application.”