Job Opening – Assistant Director for Interpretive Programming (04/2012)
Cincinnati Art Museum
The Cincinnati Art Museum has an opening for a full-time Assistant Director for Interpretive Programming in the Learning and Interpretation Division.
Responsibilities: The Assistant Director for Interpretive Programming oversees the Department of Interpretive Programming in the Division of Learning & Interpretation and has two major areas of responsibility: the development, implementation, and evaluation of all interpretive programming for the public of all ages in the pursuit of lifelong learning through the exploration of art in the Art Museum; in collaboration with the Director of Learning & Interpretation the development, implementation, and evaluation of interpretive methods and tools for special exhibitions and the installations of the Art Museum’s permanent collection. This position works cooperatively with other Art Museum colleagues and the community to develop interpretive programming. This position is considered the Art Museum’s key staff member for expertise related to current theories and practices in interpretive programming.
· Bachelor’s degree and MA in art history, art education, or museum education required.
· Five years of related experience, especially teaching and community-based collaborations.
· Excellent language skills, both written and oral, are required for this position.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to visitors’ needs is central to this position.
· Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously and work independently and at a high level of productivity in a very busy office.
Salary range: $32,000-$34,000 annualized
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by visiting http://bit.ly/IPNet. Resume, cover letter, and salary requirements can also be sent by email to job+CAM.IP@strategichrinc.com or mailed to: Cincinnati Art Museum, ATTN: Human Resources Department, 953 Eden Park Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45202-1596. Fax (513) 639-2932.
Deadline to apply – April 13, 2012. No phone calls please.
The Cincinnati Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.