Job Opening – Roof Garden Exhibition Facilitator (05/2012)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
New York, New York
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is seeking part time Roof Garden Exhibition Facilitators for Visitor Services. The Roof Garden Exhibition Facilitators will be responsible for assisting visitors navigating through Cloud City, the subject of the special exhibition Tomás Saraceno on the Roof: Cloud City. The position will also assist with administrative and logistical tasks associated with the visitor experience. Work schedules will vary week-to-week and include weekends and holidays.
• Facilitate visitor navigation up stairs and on platforms throughout Cloud City.
• Assist with welcoming and orienting visitors partaking in the visitor experience of the special exhibition Tomás Saraceno on the Roof: Cloud City.
• Oversee the acceptance and enforcement of the guidelines for navigating the structure Cloud City.
• Monitor visitor activity and interaction throughout the duration of the structure visit.
• Assist with administrative and logistical tasks associated with timed-ticket entry, including customer service with the ticketing process, assisting visitors with lockers, and managing timing of vistor entry and exit.
• Attend required training and orientation sessions to gain knowledge of the Museum and the special exhibition Tomás Saraceno on the Roof: Cloud City.
• Collaborate with other Museum staff in Security and Visitor Services.
Successful candidates will have
• Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
• Flexibility and willingness to work with a broad and diverse public
• Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions, including high temperatures
• Ability to adhere to all guidelines associated with the visitor experience
• An enthusiasm for contemporary art and installation/performance work
• Background and interest in art history and contemporary art
• Familiarity with The Metropolitan Museum of Art, its history and programs
• Bachelor’s degree in art history, fine arts, education or related field preferred
Send letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com