Job Opening – Instructor or Assistant Professor of Art History (05/2012)
Minnesota State University Moorhead
Moorhead, Minnesota / Fargo, North Dakota
Date of Appointment:
August 21, 2012
Classification and Salary:
Instructor or Assistant Professor
Salary based on experience and set by collective bargaining agreement.
Qualifications and Experience:
· ABD in Art History with teaching experience.
· Demonstrated ability to teach first half of Art History Survey (Paleolithic through Medieval).
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students of diverse backgrounds including sensitivity to their needs and concerns.
· PhD in Art History
· Ability to include non-western material in the survey course.
· Evidence of successful college teaching experience beyond TA.
· Active engagement in scholarly research and professional activity.
· Teach three courses per semester including first half of art history survey.
· Other duties include scholarly or creative research, continuing preparation and study, contribution to student growth and development, and service to the department.
Application Information and Deadline:
Completed applications must include a statement regarding your ability to teach Art History Survey I, a list of 2 or 3 upper-level courses you are prepared to offer; CV, teaching philosophy, and three names of references with current contact information, undergraduate and graduate transcripts (may be unofficial). Completed applications received by May 21, 2012 will receive full consideration.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
See http://web.mnstate.edu/vacancy for a link to the Supplemental Personnel Data for Affirmative Action Recruitment forms. The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of all academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
Anna Arnar, Art History Search Committee, Department of Art & Design, Minnesota State University Moorhead, 1104 7th Avenue South, Moorhead, MN 56563. Further inquiries about the position may be directed to 218.477.2317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.