Job Opening – Adjunct Faculty (05/2012)
University of Maryland University College
We’re seeking talented adjunct/part-time faculty for Summer 2012 and beyond who are ready to challenge students in one of higher education’s most dynamic learning environments.
Teach for UMUC and enjoy
- Flexible Schedule – teaching that fits into your work and personal life
- Choices – classes online or on-site in Maryland, Virginia or Washington, DC
- Training – introductory and advanced preparation for online teaching
- Support – professional development workshops, peer mentoring and collegial sharing
- Satisfaction – interaction with highly motivated, professional adult students
- Benefits – access to some State of Maryland benefits
- Library – access to UMUC’s Information and Library Services while actively teaching
The Department of Graphic Communication and Art seeks qualified art historians to teach and develop online undergraduate courses in art history. UMUC’s art history program encourages critical-thinking and analysis to develop students’ knowledge of historical and cultural interpretations of the fine and applied arts.
ARTH 204: Film American Culture Studies
ARTT 205: Art Appreciation
ARTH 372: History of Western Art I
ARTH 373: History of Western Art II
ARTH 375: History of Graphic Art
ARTH 478: History of Women in Visual Arts
An advanced degree (doctorate, MA or MFA) in Art History, Art Theory, Art Criticism, or related field is required from a regionally accredited institution. Doctorate and teaching experience is strongly preferred.
UMUC – an Equal Opportunity Employer