Job Opening – Deputy Director of Percent for Art (07/2012)
New York, New York
Public agency seeks a Deputy Director, Percent for Art Program. The Percent for Art Program offers City agencies the opportunity to acquire or commission works of art specifically for City-owned buildings and facilities throughout the five boroughs. Responsibilities include:
• Coordinate and facilitate artist selection panels and project coordination committee meetings.
• Manage artist participation in the design process and integration of artwork into construction documents.
• Develop and monitor scopes of work, payment milestones and project schedules.
• Monitor the progress of artwork fabrication and ensure that work is produced on schedule and within budget.
• Participate in the development of press materials, public outreach, artist resource information and assembly of project information for the web.
• Work cooperatively with City agencies, artists, design professionals, contractors, elected officials and community representatives.
Must be knowledgeable about contemporary art, have solid organizational and communication skills, and the ability deal with a diverse constituency. The ability to work productively under pressure, both independently and as a team member is essential. Experience in art history, architecture, landscape architecture, construction management, or related field or managing design or construction projects is a plus.
BA, including 24 credits in one of the visual or performing arts or arts management + 1yr of FT experience in planning, coordinating, budgeting, producing, organizing administering or directing in a cultural program or cultural institution.
Send Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include position title in the “Subject Line”
NYC Residency required. EOE