Job Opening – Assistant Director, International Program (10/2012)
The Museum of Modern Art
New York, New York
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Director to join its International Program. This position reports to the Director of International Program and supervises the Department Assistant and C-MAP Coordinator, in coordination with the Director. Specific responsibilities and requirements are listed below.
• Works with Director of International Program and members of the Museum’s senior and curatorial staff to develop strategies for and realize the C-MAP initiative and the department’s other international projects, including publications.
• Works with Director of International Program and members of the Museum’s senior staff, Development, and Finance/Accounting departments to develop financial strategies and oversee resources for the C-MAP initiative and other international projects.
• Works closely with C-MAP group leaders to manage an active international and local fellows and counselors program, including: identifying appropriate fellows, coordinating meeting schedules, lunches/dinners and other social activities, public programs, documentation ,and audio/video recordings.
• In coordination with Digital Media department and consultants, as required, develops and oversees International Program and C-MAP website to reflect the Museum’s international mission and global research initiatives.
• Produces reports on C-MAP activities for Museum staff, board members, and funders.
• Works with other departments across the Museum to focus on non-research international priorities.
• Oversees the research, translation, and preparation of manuscripts for C-MAP and other International Program publications.
• Works with the Director of the International Program and the Executive Director of the International Council to communicate with, and report to, the Museum’s International Council and other C-MAP supporters regarding the goals and activities of the International Program and C-MAP.
• Represents the department at local and international events, as required.
Master’s degree, preferably Art History or Fine Arts or Art and a minimum 5 years’ experience working in a museum on programs and publications related to twentieth and twenty-first century global art. Experience managing interns and staff (full-time and project-based). High degree of diplomacy. Excellent communication and organizations skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at one time. Excellent inter-personal and communication, computer, and organizational skills. Strong research and writing skills. Fluency in at least one foreign language, preferably Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese or Mandarin..
Please submit resume and cover letter, which must include salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.